National Clean Off Your Desk Day

Today, January 9, is National Clean Off Your Desk Day.  So today let’s clean off our desks to create space for the abundance that is coming into our lives. 

Each year I select a theme for the year, this year is Abundance Welcomed.  I feel myself being turned off by completion and drawn to a mindset of abundance for all.  I feel abundance coming into my life and I welcome it.  So today let’s clean off our desks, but view the task from the viewpoint of Abundance Welcomed and create the new mindsets that support this year’s theme.

7 Mindsets of a Clean Desk

  • Increase the Flow of Money.  By paying our bills, increasing our savings, and reducing our debts we showcase our responsible handling of money and according to abundance experts we increase the flow of money to us.
  • Welcome New Opportunities.  A clean desktop or work surface invites new opportunities into our lives by telling the universe, others, and our subconscious that we have a handle on our situation and have space for new possibilities.
  • Increase Our Territories.  As we clean off our desks let’s also be sure to catch up on outstanding e-mails and work tasks.  As we demonstrate we can be counted on for our current responsibilities we have the opportunity to increase our territory by taking on other responsibilities.  Also as we clearly demonstrate we have a clear handle on our current situation we open ourselves to the possibility of more.  
  • Build Your Realm of Influence.  An orderly environment welcomes others in and encourages others to seek our expertise.  If your desk is in your home, an office, or a sea of cubicles create an environment that encourages others to pull up a chair and learn from you.
  • Free Up Mind Space.  When we eliminate visual clutter and distraction, identify the flow of our work, and create supportive processes we create more mental clarity, bring in calmness, increase productivity, and facilitate creativity.
  • Seize Our Days While Allowing Inspired Action.  Seizing our days involves scheduling 70% of our day while leaving 30% of our day open to seize new opportunities and take inspired actions.
  • Be Inspired.  We are all inspired by different things; create an atmosphere of inspiration with wall art, music and lighting.  Or if inspiration seeks you when you are at play be sure to schedule in time at the gym or on the soccer field.

When we change the way we think about out office and our desks we change the mindsets we have towards success and how a simple organized desk can lead us in the direction of greater abundance for all.

Today’s Simple Smile Igniter is to seize at least one of these mindsets and use it as your guide to a clean desk, organized office, and greater opportunity in your life.

About these ads

About Jodi Rosenberg

I am a life coach, corporate project manager, and generally happy person who has chosen to express myself through the written word with the intent of making life better for all of us.
This entry was posted in Abundance, Environments, Live Empowered, Mindset, Organization, Perspective, Productivity, Thoughts. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s