Today let’s explore the use of a What Makes Me Smile Theme Board.
A Theme Board is very similar to a Vision Board. A Vision Board is a collection of images of who you want to become, what you want to have, where you want to live and vacation amongst other things that you want to attract into your life. A Theme Board also is a great attraction tool. In the 100 Smile Challenge a Theme Board is a collection of images of
- People who always seem to make you smile
- Things that bring you joy
- Activities that make you feel good
- Events, people, things that cheer you up
- Places and activities that bring you peace
- What makes you laugh
- Who you want to hug
- How you would like to spend your time
- What inspires you
- The people, places and things that you love
This board will be used to attract more happiness into your life. Your What Makes Me Smile Theme Board will activate passion and happiness. It is designed to activate your Reticular Activating System (RAS), the information filtering system of your brain. According to the theories of the Law of Attraction the RAS receives all the information from your environment, filters it, and tags what is important. By viewing your What Makes Me Smile Theme Board, reading the happy posts of the 100 Smile Challenge Blog, and making happiness a top priority in your life you are communicating to your RAS that the things that make you happy in life should be tagged and multiplied in your life.
The primary goal of the 100 Smile Challenge is to program the RAS to pay attention to the things in our environments that are in alignment and support our goal of being happy. The RAS will make you aware of the daily things that can help you achieve daily joy and then leaves it to you to seize those opportunities when they present themselves.
The Steps to Creating Your What Makes Me Smile Theme Board:
- Be in Your Happy Place. During this activity you will need to connect with your feelings of joy and peace. If you are not in a place of joy go for a walk or do something that connects you to joy.
- Gather Images, Words, Phrases, and Colors that Inspire, Motivate and Evoke Passion in YOU. These can be from magazines or printed from a computer. Don’t spend time evaluating them, just gather things into a large pile or computer file. Be sure to include pictures of your favorite people, places, pets, etc. Keep the bulk of your board as images. The subconscious mind works with images. Use words or phrases to increase the emotional response you have to the images. Gather images that are congruent with being happy. Consider what will change in your life when you are living with more positive energy in your life.
- Sort the Images. Go through the images and lay your favorites on your poster board. Follow your heart and listen to your joy. Remember each image should fuel your passion and bring you joy. Organize your board in whatever manner feels right to you. Maybe a theme for each corner: smiles you now have in your life, smiles you want to bring into your life, things that inspire you, people you can count on, sure-fire feel goods. Touch on the many areas of your life: relationships, work, health, spirituality, and environments. Or just arrange your collection in a patchwork of smile generators.
- Attach Images to Your Board. Crop your images to capture on the parts that inspire. Attach images to the board, adding any wording with paint, markers or printed wording that further inspires you.
- Leave Space at the Center of the Board for YOU. Include a fantastic photo of radiant and happy you. Paste this to the center of the board.
- Hang Your Board. Hang your board where you will see it every day. Ideally where you will see it once in the morning as you are starting your day and in the evening as you are ending your day. Your goal is to bathe your subconscious mind in the boards positive energy. Guard the positive energy of your theme board. If others in your life would critic it or cause you to have negative feelings around it, move it. Do not justify your board to anyone.
A Few things to consider:
Some of the images that delight you may need further exploration. What is it about the picture that delights and inspires you? Why were you drawn to it?
Things will come to you later. This does not have to be a one time shot. You may want to make this a process. Add to your theme board as you are reminded of other smile generators in your life.
Remove those things that turn out to not inspire you or change in your life. Your board should remain full of fresh inspiration. As your life changes, change your board to match.
Today’s 100 Smile Challenge Tool: Create a theme board. Title as you feel led. When you complete your board send me a picture. I would love to see what inspires you and helps you live a life full of smiles.