We go through changes all the time, once we finally think life is settling down another change approaches. For me having my daughter go to boarding school for 5 months is a big change and one I will seize the opportunities of. To help me seize the opportunities and stay focused on making the most of this ME time (and not mope around and miss her too much) I am developing
7 Strategies of this Empty Nester to Ensure I Maximize MY First 30+ Days of MY Big Change
After my first 30 days I am confident these will be ingrained in me and I will be in the flow of this new phase of my life.
Strategy 1: Re-Claim My Space.
- Clean and De-Clutter
- Re-Establish Systems and Processes
- Bring in Beauty
- Make it Mine
- Create the Long (30+ Days) & Short Term (Less than 7 Days) Project Lists
Strategy 2: Work My Project List.
- Post A Calendar
- Schedule the Fun, Milestones, and Key Events
- Plan the Projects
- Initiate Action (3 Big Deals A Day)
- Celebrate Achievements
Strategy 3: Support My Daughter.
- Identify What She Needs
- Fulfill Her Needs Within the Established Boundaries and Identify Delighters
- Activate Her Support System
- Make Future Arrangements
- Take Care of Her Home Obligations
Strategy 4: Create My Sanctuaries.
- Bless My Body
- Create an In- Home Retreat
- Establish Rejuvenating Down Time
- Enhance My Outdoor Spaces
- Incorporate My Favorites
Strategy 5: Engage in My Bliss. Choose Activities that Induce Flow
- Dive into My New Job at Nike
- Commit to My Next Endurance Event
- Create Content & Market It
- Train My Puppy
- Explore the World
Strategy 6: Connect Socially.
- Be the Connection Between Shianne and the World
- Invest in Relationships
- Participate in My Community
- Plan for Key Social Events
- Get Out and About
Strategy 7: Feed My Soul.
- Meditate, Worship and Pray
- Live Abundantly
- Be Joy
- Allow Emotions & Cry if I Must
- Live Light
Over the next 28 Days or so I will blog about my journey through this change. My intention is to really pay attention to what I am going through and learn from it. Then put this into a 30 Day Plan for others to use as a Framework for their New Change. Your insights on navigating change, your words of advice and wisdom, and your current or past experiences are welcome here. Please share and help me make this a space of learning and exploration.
I consider all who participate in this blog a member of my RD&D Team. If you would like to receive the “beta” version of the product that is generated from this blog series for FREE please participate by leaving your comments and send a blank e-mail to email@example.com.