Today Becky at Views of Eye nominated me for the Liebster Award…I had no idea what this was until I checked into it. This award is a wonderful way to promote other blogs and be promoted at the same time. All chosen blogs are from the A-Z Blog Challenge List of Participants. The A-Z Blog Challenge runs through the month of April so there is plenty of time to join this very inspiring blogging event. If you would like to sign up for the event follow this link: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/2012-to-z-challenge-sign-up-list.html
As it turns out the Liebster Award is a way for you to get to know me and for me to get to know the other bloggers taking part in the 2013 A-Z Blog Challenge. If you are one of the bloggers I nominated for this award here is what what we both need to do to accept the award:
- Post the award on our blogs
- Thank the lovely blogger(s) who gave us the award and link back to their site(s)
- Post 11 random facts about ourselves
- Answer 11 questions that the presenter of the award has asked us
- Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that we want to pass the award on to
- Ask our nominees 11 questions
11 Random Facts About Me:
- My birthday was this week.
- I prefer to be barefooted although I love shoe shopping.
- I have two “lil’ monsters” named Chanel and Tony who disguise themselves as dogs.
- I like working in the yard/garden although I can never keep up with it.
- I can be bribed with coffee.
- I consider myself blessed in many ways…daughter, friends, career, perspective on life.
- I don’t like cleaning.
- I love blogging.
- People often ask if I am an architect when they see my handwriting…that would be a very cool career.
- I can’t wait to retire…no that is not even close.
- Nature and water inspire me.
11 Questions Answered:
- If you won the lottery what’s the first thing you would do? Go on a retreat to decide what I would do next. I would do whatever I need to do to get away and consider my options.
- Where is your favorite place on earth? Any place with a beautiful nature view. Ideally a lodge like home on a beautiful mountain lake with my dogs…with internet access.
- How do you eat your Cream Egg? I bite of the top, savor the center, then throw away the rest…my sugar level is topped by that point.
- What’s your favorite food? Thai food, Cashew Nut Chicken.
- What super power would you most like to possess? The ability to fly.
- Who is your favorite band? This one is hard for me I generally like many types of music, but the one I would closest resemble a groupie to is Michael Tomlinson. We’re friends on Facebook 🙂
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you? Dropping a plastic liter of soda pop in the grocery store and watching it shoot down the meat and deli section like a rocket spraying soda with abandonment as it rebounded off display cases, shopping carts, and walls before finally coming to a fizzled out stop at a shoppers foot.
- Who is your favorite character from literature/film? Super Woman, she is an icon for powerful women.
- Would you choose money over love? If so, why? I might choose money over love unless it meant I had to choose a man with money over a man I loved. But if it was winning the lottery over a forever love, I might choose the money. So much can go wrong with love and I am better at handling money.
- If you could be a fly on the wall in one place for a day, where would you pick and why? I am trying to think of a place of beauty and inspiration that I would not otherwise we allowed into. I may need to come back to this one.
- If you could travel to any point in time, which era would you choose? I would head into the future, I would want to experience the lives of my great grandchildren (should I have any), and how the world evolves.
My Nominations for the Liebster Award are:
- Masked Mom
- Everyday is a Miracle
- Bless Your Heart
- My Jolly Life
- It’s a Matter of Perspective
- Grace and Candor
- Everyday is a New Day
- Mama’s Got Flair
- Happy Life
- I’m Making Happiness
- Beyond Life’s Challenges
11 Questions for My Liebster Nominees:
- What or who put a smile on your face today?
- What or who inspires you to blog?
- What is your greatest goal right now?
- What is your favorite way to spend ME time?
- If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?
- What is your best feature?
- What are you grateful for today?
- What is your favorite candy?
- Which is your favorite holiday and why?
- Dogs or cats?
- Which one word describes your mood right now?
For all those participating in the A-Z Blog Challenge this year…I look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you as blogger colleagues.