The 100 Smile Challenge Follows 7 Key Strategies to Create a Life of More Smiles. Most posts will follow one of these strategies. Please refer back to this page periodically to follow the links like you would follow in a book on each specific strategy.
Strategy 1. Create the Mindset that Allows More Joy in YOUR Life
The amount of joy you have in your life depends more on your mindset than on your circumstances. When your mind is set on more of the positives in life and less on the negatives you will find more joy and fulfillment entering your life.
- Gratitude: What are YOU Grateful For and Why?
- Practice Positive Thinking : 7 Tips to Think Yourself Happy
- Eliminate Self Imposed Limitations: You Must Do The Thing You Think You Cannot Do
- The Power of Choice: What are YOUR Guiding Principles?
Strategy 2. Live in the Moment
Mindfulness is the state of active, open, and intentional attention on the present. No reminiscing over the past. No worrying about the future. Living fully in the present moment will free you to fully experience all the amazement that is already surrounding you.
- Mindfulness: Be Present with Those You Love
- Thoughtfully Respond: Spare the Tongue
- Clear Out Distractions: 9 Ways to Handle the Old Stuff in Our Lives
Strategy 3. Work Towards Inspiring Goals and Purpose
Nothing is more motivating and rewarding than knowing your purpose, having goals that align, and a plan to achieve your most inspiring goals. Smiles are a natural byproduct of the process of fulfilling a deep desire.
Strategy 4. Feel Good
It is difficult to smile when your body is dragging you down, you have spent too much energy on other people, you are mentally exhausted, and your environment drains you. Smiles come much easier when you feel good and your life is filled with positive experiences.
- Feel Good: 5 Ways to Compliment Yourself
- Feel Fabulous Friday: 5 Tips for Finishing Your Week Strong
- Feel Fabulous Friday: How to Get Radiant Skin Naturally
- Feel Fabulous Friday: 13 Resources for Making Hand Crafted Body Washes and Scrubs
Strategy 5. Let Your Social Connections Feed Your Soul
Most of our social connections are self created. We choose our friends, our spouses, and often have influence over who we work with. When we find joy and contentment in regular social connections we connect with humanity in a more positive way.
Strategy 6. Renew Your Sense of Play
So much of adult life is focused on objective oriented activities, such as work for a pay check, cultivate a garden to grow vegetables, and make a nutritious dinner so your children will be healthy. But each of these activities could also be transformed into play simply because they are what we love to do. When we are playing we are enjoying ourselves much more than when we are simply working.
Strategy 7. 100 Smile Challenge Toolbox
Life is full of tools that help us “get the job done”. In the 100 Smile Challenge there are many tools to fill your proverbial toolbox so you can more easily craft a life that leads to more smiles and fulfillment.